What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

waiting for parts....

JDanno

Well Known Member
Maybe this has already been hashed out but as regards the -10 kit I haven't seen anything: I read on Matronics that the Phillipines factory has shut down and there are no more -10 fabricating going on. Van's still owes me the flaps and the control sticks for my -10. Still back ordered as of January. This has been going on since September. It's getting to the point I NEED these parts. Anybody else know anything? :confused:

And everyone said I was stupid??

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=39363

You aren't alone. I know of some folks who have been waiting on QB parts since August and Van's can't provide them. They're left holding several orders that they can't deliver on.

I do hear that some of the smaller planes are coming out of the factory (6's, 7's, 8's, etc) but there are no 10's being built.

Vans claims that they have the same people in the new company as the old one, but they don't. They have 3 of the same managers and the vast majority of the line workers are new. (AKA: Learning on your kit).

I finally told Vans that I just wanted to delay my order. They could keep my deposit and I was going to do something else with the money. In my case I made lemonade out of lemons and I'm about to pay off a car with the money I had reserved for my fuse.

As it stands, I still have my place in line and they're going to call me when my kit comes available. I can either choose to have it shipped (assuming I've saved up the cash) or pass it down to the next guy.

Given the fact that they aren't even close to delivering kits, I think it was a good decision.

Vans is still spinning their story about the same workers, better factories, more environmentally friendly, blah, blah. But the truth is, they don't have the same workers and they aren't even close to turning out a -10 right now.

Just ask you, me, or anyone else who has been waiting over the past 8 months for parts on the -10. Fortunately I'm only at the 4.5 month mark.

Phil

Last edited:
parts redux

well, I guess misery loves company! If push comes to shove then I could build my own flaps from scratch. I'm glad I got what I did when I did. Must have been one of the last almost full kits shipped from Phillipines.

Back