What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Waiting and Safety

RGaines

Well Known Member
Everything has been done for a while and I am waiting for the Finish kit like a lot of us. We get a lot of traffic looking at it since we are building in our hangar at the local airport. A friend came by and she mentioned that while her late husband was building his -6 it was sitting on a work table and there was an earth quake (we live in California) and it fell off the table. He had to start over.

I mentioned this to another builder who told me of another person that I know whose kit got bumped and fell (not in California).

The fuse/emp assembly is on saw horses so I have put straps under the front and rear "just in case". These are attached to the steel overhead beams. The thought of it being jostled and hitting the ground is just too much.

If your kit is in a safer environment this is probably not useful. But I do live in California and lots of people come by to look.

Not a bad idea since you are sitting just about on top of the Rogers Creek Fault, and the San Andreas is just to the west. I hadn't given it much thought. I just moved into a new hanger at Napa and don't have things secured as of yet. I'm just starting the tail cone today and think I will make sure everything is secure. Are you at Gnoss or Petaluma?

I am at Gnoss. You are right that this is an geologically active area. One that fell was at Scheville but the other was Washington State. It just got bumped.

Back