What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wag-Aero Tow Bar?

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
I am looking for feedback (or pictures?) of the Wag Aero towbar made for RVA aircraft. I know most people use the bogi-bar, but is it really worth twice the price? $46.50 vs. $89? Does the Wag-aero lock like the bogi-bar?

Thanks,
Scott
7A Fnishing

I purchased one at Oshkosh from Wag Aero. In fact it was the owner of the company that sold it to me. They make the bars themselves. It is heavily constructed, nicely painted, uses a strong spring to pull the sides together and a bolted lever to open it up. I cannot image why you would need it to lock because the design is such that it will stay tight on the fork. The two sides are welded to the center section and the welds are more than adequate. It uses a pin to allow the handle to expand out so it takes up a smaller space yet gives you plenty of length for towing without banging your face on the spinner when using it.

This said, it has yet to be test flown. After I put the bolts that it attaches to on my fork this weekend I can give you a better review on its actual performance.

This all said, we use similar tow bars for all my flying club and CAP aircraft and never have had a problem. That is on over 18 different and much heavier aircraft. Because of this point alone I could not justify the much higher cost of the Bogie Bar. It's not something my life depends on and I'm sure my wheel fairing will be just fine.

Mike R.

For what it's worth, I used a Wag-Aero bar to tow my 9A around for several years and it never gave me any trouble.

Now I guess I'll have to get one of those tail dragger draggers for the 7 though!

mcb

Love the Bogi bar

I don't know if it's worth twice the price of the wag aero bar, but to me it's worth the money. Stout construction, easily collapses and stores nicely in my forward baggage compartment for trips. I won't leave home without it.

I've been using my Wag Aero towbar for over 3.5 years. Works Great and easily collapses for stowage in the baggage compt.

Roberta

I don't know about the size of the Wag Aero where it latches to the nose wheel, but the Cessna unit thats used for the 6A next door would have required me to drill larger holes in the wheel pant.

The Bogi-Bar fits perfectly over my 6A's wheel axle bolt/nut, and the smaller hole that surrounds them.

L.Adamson

Tow bar

I have the Wag Aero bar. I turned the handle 90 degrees and redrilled a hole. I slide the handle onto a hole on my lawn mower (tug) and pull my 7A up a slight incline into the hanger. Other than removing the paint off the bar I can attest to the integrity of the bar.
Tad "Stripes" Sargent

Back