What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W707-E Rear Spar Center Reinforcement

704CH

Well Known Member
Hey Guys, First real post here, but you will probably see more of me. I am working on my 7 slow build early into the wings. It seems my Center Spar Reinforcement plates are bent/cocked to the right when looking at them directly from the tail of the aircraft. i.e. for both right and left wings the top of W-707E is to the right.

Do any of you guys have this same problem? Is it a problem? I would assume they would both be straight, or there would be a "left" and a "right" version for this part. See the picture, its not a significant bend and they both actually fit really well, but they definitely are cocked to the right.

Should I contact Van's on this one?

Thanks for any feedback.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dm6WQbTOAgU/SrTD_EYXSeI/AAAAAAAAAXg/WcHpWDqdsIY/s1600-h/IMG_6932.JPG

Last edited:
That is of no consequence at all as long as you can get minimum rivet hole edge distance, which you should be able to do. Build on.

Thanks guys, I am building on. My edge distance was fine, so no problems there. Just finishing up my spars now and getting into the Rib Routine...

I think I am completely addicted to building this airplane

Thanks

Back