What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VS spar caps not flush with flange

jwilbur

Well Known Member
I'm just finishing up the first steps in my RV-10 emp kit. I trimmed the rear spar caps (the longer side) and have them nested along the flanges of the rear spar. But the angle sticks up over the edge of the spar flange about 1/16. In other words, the edge of the angle is not flush with the edge of the flange all along its length. This is the case on both sides. I've been planning to simply file it flush, but just thought I'd run this by everyone to see if it's been seen before or if I've done something bad.

You can almost see it in this picture (will get a better picture if it would be helpful)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q8sbNEXXs...Wk1IWuDREG4/s1600/2010-12-22_00-13-57_843.jpg

Thanks,
-Joe Wilbur

Last edited:
All is well. Build on.

I would not attempt to alter them if I were you (or, I should say, I didn't on mine). As long as the edges are smooth and the caps nestle flat, then you're good.

I agree, press on.

I didn't make any changes to mine and even checked the photos in my builders log. Exactly the same as yours.

Last edited:
Back