What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VPX Mounting

jwilbur

Well Known Member
I'm looking for some ideas of where to mount the VPX. I've got a panel cut by Stein which means the normal RV10 lower panel flange for switches (F1003B) isn't there to facilitate a permanent shelf between the panel and the sub-panel. I might have to mount the VPX on the firewall side of the sub-panel if no better ideas present. I'd rather not do this, of course.

I'd sure appreciate anyone willing to share some ideas and/or pics of how/where you mounted your VPX in your RV-10 - especially in the case where you also aren't using the standard F1003B lower panel flange.

Thanks,

Im building a 9A, so I don't know if this will help you or not. I had to build a rail system to support my VPX and transponder. It wasn't that bad and small weight penalty. Here is a picture that may help. This was my first try at mounting the VPX so there are two sets of platenuts. I ended up using a smaller angle for both the rail and the mounting bracket. These were the only photos I could find right now. Good luck with your build.

tran2_zpstonakyua.jpg

tran3_zpsv2muk5ul.jpg

I counldnt be happier after mounting mine here. I can have the Dynon 10" screen out in 5 minutes andhave access to everything on the VPX.

b4tjbc.jpg

Back