What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VP-50 rebooting on startup

rvator51

Well Known Member
On my new O-360 engine with a Sky-tec Hi Torque starter 149-NL, my Vertical Power VP-50 unit reboots now everytime I start the engine. I put in a new Odyssey battery and new starter cable but it didnt make any difference. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the VP-50 from rebooting on startup?

On my new O-360 engine with a Sky-tec Hi Torque starter 149-NL, my Vertical Power VP-50 unit reboots now everytime I start the engine. I put in a new Odyssey battery and new starter cable but it didnt make any difference. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the VP-50 from rebooting on startup?

Does it reboot the instant you turn the starter switch?

Do you have any method to see what the voltage and/or amperage is going into the VP-50?

What else is powered on at this point?

Sounds like a great opportunity for Chad Jensen in his new role as Customer Support. You can search the memberlist for his contact info.

Does it reboot the instant you turn the starter switch? I think so.

Do you have any method to see what the voltage and/or amperage is going into the VP-50? It is on the VP but it reboots so cant see it. The reboot of the VP-50 causes the Skyview to reboot also.

What else is powered on at this point? Boost Pump and Skyview only. Avionics Switch is turned off.

Sounds like a great opportunity for Chad Jensen in his new role as Customer Support. You can search the memberlist for his contact info.

Good idea. Thanks!

What is the switch panel display showing when the reboot occurs?

Have you checked your connections, specifically the main power lug?

What is the switch panel display showing when the reboot occurs?
?

Hi Chad, I will take a video of it rebooting today or tomorrow.

Have you checked your connections, specifically the main power lug
?

Yes, all connections and starter/master solenoids were replaced as part of the firewall forward for the new engine. I did reuse the ground strap from the firewall to the engine. I am ordering a new grounding strap from B&C to replace it just in case.

I also ordered a backup battery for the Skyview so it shouldnt reboot with the VP-50 from now on which will help.

Back