What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VP 100 and a LR3C

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I have a primary alt plane power 70 amp with a LR3C regulator. I have a VP-100 and my Alt field wire is powerd by J6 pin 2.

From what i am reading, that power pin will go to terminal 6 of the LR3C. The LR3C also requires power to terminal 3 with a 2A fuse. Can i take that from an unused power pin, say J6 pin 1 and set it with the 1U setting and change the wire to 2A?

Thanks

Don

Don,

I have a VP100 and wired the "Field" to J6 Pin 2 and use the 1B setting. My thinking was if I had to load shed I can flip the switch down and only have the alternator and only a few items powered.

If it was the alternator giving me issues it is just switch off...in the middle.

Since I have a planepower alternator I do not need the extra power run. But, I would do what you are thinking. Just use a spare pin to power it and set the CB value to 2 amp.

If you can, try to use a lower value pin instead of putting it on a pin that can take 10amps.

Since you only need 2 amps put it on a 5 amp pin to save the bigger 10 and 18 amp pins for only items you may have now or in the future.

Back