What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VISR for Plenum top

Just finished my plenum using VISR material ( reinforced silicone impregnated fiberglass )

PICT2433.JPG

PICT2437.JPG

Wondering if anyone else has gone this route and if so, how it worked out for you. Seems like pretty good stuff. Temp range is from -80F to 425F. Looking forward to trying it out some day soon.

Good Job

Looks very nice, only one way to find out.... Fly it and check it out,,, Nice thing about Homebuilts you can do anything you want within reason but SAFETY is NUMBER #1 ... I see No problem with what you have done... I've tried every material / whatever and in areas that are beyond temps and such. NICE JOB Quality piece. Keep up excellent craftsmanship. Again LOOKS VERY GOOD!!!

Last edited:
Surprisingly not very stretchy

Thanks very much for the complement. It was surprisingly easy.

Well you would think a silicone material like this would be pretty elastic, but all this is muted by the fiberglass interior. So it's stretchy but not very. Imagine trying to stretch the baffling material that you would normally seal off the top of a standard baffling kit with. It's about like that.

My last plenum on the 8A was aluminum,

e_plenum11.JPG

and it worked quite well but was a real pain to work with. There were always concerns about cracks forming at stress points.

This stuff is a snap. Best of all for around $84 I purchased enough to build two. So I can experiment with the air volume, if I find that the current configuration is too constricted I will expand the space.

Can't wait to try it out. I'll post my temps.

- Jim

Back