What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vision 385 Pitch issue

LachlanH

I'm New Here
Hi all,
I purchased a 2nd hand Vizion 385 to replace to Digiflight II VG in my RV7.
I have fitted the AP, but I is nowhere near as good as the Digi, particularly in pitch response.
I am suspecting a possible static P problem as the sync alt was set on the ground, then was 300' out at 2000'... Pitot and static unchanged from the Digiflight.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Do you have an alternate static switch valve in your plane?

My pitot-static is IFR to 18K'. In flight, at cruise, Autopilot holding altitude, if I switch to alternate static the plane dips 30' in reaction, just about instanly. Close the alternate switch, zips right back up.

If yours does not act similarly, suspect a bad fitting, seal or crack. Not sure which pitch sensitivity is set, but it is a low value, 2, I think.

Recommendation for pitch sensitivity for the RV-7 is 2 as noted, it is tagged as Vrt Activity in the setup. Look for "Vizion-380-385-Installation-Manual.PDF". I have a copy if you need it.
I also recall a problem with the Pitot Static connections on the back cracking way back, so that might be worth a check.
Figs

Back