What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vibration with Conical Mount Bushings

rreichelt

Anyone have any experience with different rubber bushings for a conical mounted Lycoming, (O320 B3B) on an RV4 I built with a Props Inc wood prop. I have the standard inexpensive solid rubber bushings that I think are doing a poor job of vibration isolation. Prop has been balanced, static and dynamically. Thanks for any ideas.

Please get the ones from Van's. They cost about $300.00 as opposed to some available that are quite a bit cheaper.

They are slightly beveled and have a particular "keying" that should be followed. Torque appropriately.

You will notice a difference. They seem to be good for about 250-300 hours if there is any loading (2-3 G's) applied to the engine/plane.

James
RV6, 500+ hours, bushings changed twice

rreichelt said:
Anyone have any experience with different rubber bushings for a conical mounted Lycoming, (O320 B3B) on an RV4 I built with a Props Inc wood prop. I have the standard inexpensive solid rubber bushings that I think are doing a poor job of vibration isolation. Prop has been balanced, static and dynamically. Thanks for any ideas.

Back