What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman Exhaust installation

walt fuller

Hi all. We received a hand drawn scetch along with the Vetterman exhaust system which (to us) is'nt real clear. I was wondering if some of you could post a few pictures of your vetterman installation. Also, did you use the supplied support strap? Thanks in advance :)

Walt Fuller
RV-10 build 40584

vettermann exhaust

Yes, use the supplied parts and bend the brackets 20 degrees per plans. I just installed the system on my plane yesterday in 4 hours complete and system was very secure and the directions seemed straight forward to me.

Don Orrick
N410JA

Start installing the pieces that you know where they go and use the scetch to help. It's a very simple install after you get started. I used a little heavier SS to make the hangers.
Ron

Thanks...we got it. Seems rock solid...and the supplied supports were tougher than we thought. Took about half a day.

Hey all,

I have a couple questions regarding my RV-9 Vetterman installation.

1. What should the distance be between the top of the tail pipe and the bottom of the fuselage (right at the firewall)? It is an adjustable dimension and I want to provide some clearance from the fuselage and also the cowling which is yet to be installed.

2. Considering question 1. What is the dimension between each tail pipe? (either at the tips or firewall)

Thanks much!

Back