What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Stabilizer laser cut parts

spstout

All --

I hope this question doesn't sound too basic, but I have four parts for my vertical stabilizer that are on "the list." They are the rib, root rib, nose rib, and tip rib. They are listed as "undersized holes." Before I get too far into this and find out I should have waited, does that mean I can just drill the holes the proper size and all will be well? That seems like the answer, but I am very new to all of this.

Thank you so much for helping this novice builder!

That is by far the most likely answer. We're all waiting for Vans final analysis to confirm that. Your choice to proceed on "very likely" or wait for the final word.

Under sized holes

Also heat treated if I remember correctly. I'm guessing this thread will get moved to the LCP thread, so it is "easier to find". It makes since they would be ok but without guidance from Vans, I would not assume anything.

I ordered my empennage kit at the beginning of August when the site was still showing September/October availability. As of a hour ago, the status tracker has me down for the kit shipping in May. We shall see how this goes.

I feel for all of you that are waiting on replacement parts. That's gotta be 10x harder than me simply waiting to break the seal on this adventure.

Attachments

• 28Aug_orderstatus.jpg
    28Aug_orderstatus.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 39
Back