What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Stabilizer Height

docjefft

Hello, all! I know that many dimension questions have been posted in the past, but I could not find one particular dimension, so please forgive if this is repetitive. For the -10, what is the height from the ground to the top of the vertical stabilizer. I know the specs say the height is 8' 8", but I assumed this was to the tallest part of the fuselage. Thanks!

I can't help with an actual measure emp the right now, but 8'8" sounds about right. The fuselage isn't even close to that high.

V-stab height

Thanks for the info. It was hard to tell looking at some of the pics if the 8'8" was the upper canopy, but thinking about it now, that does seem a bit tall!

Dimensions

All great info, but I do have another question as I prepare to build the shop.
When it comes time for rigging all of the control surfaces, I assume you have to have both wings and the entire empennage attached. If so, you would have to either have a fairly large home shop space to accommodate the entire assembly, do it outdoors, or wait until its moved to the hangar. Am I missing something. I know a lot of folks have built these in relatively small spaces, so how have you accomplished the rigging and any other tasks that require the plane to be almost fully assembled? Just want to be sure I plan the shop space correctly.

Back