What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical power vp100 pireps?

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
I am just working on panel planning and have liked some of the info on the vertical power units. I am simple day night vfr so the vp50 or 100 seems like a viable option without going overboard.

Anyone flying with one, how many hours? Installs going ok or is it better to just go tried and true old school? Comments welcome, lots to learn on the electrical front.

Last edited:
Well

Since noboby ever responds, i guess there is a very limited client base, and pretty much none flying.

Looks great, but...i would really like to see more installs. Been following Bob Collins, but a few detailed build sites would really help me wrap my head around it. Slow with electrons..

Last edited:
Been flying a VP-100 for a couple hundred hours in our RV-4. Removed it and installed a VP-50 in its place so I could put the VP-100 in the RV-6a that I am building. Am a big fan of them. I really like all of the flexibility built into them.
It made wiring the panel quite easy for me and makes it easy to do changes.
Here is the blog on the installation.
http://katiesrv4.blogspot.com/

Over 100 hours on my RV-10 with VP-200 and I love it. One of the best decisions I made on the airplane. Reliability has been excellent, so far. Great customer support. This system gives you so much information about what's going on with each component of your electrical system, as well as the ability to control each component.
Automatic mode switching works quite well. Emergency functions work well and almost everything can be set to function how you want it to function.

Back