What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vent line thru F-902

jlfernan

Well Known Member
I'm having trouble picturing where to drill the hole thru the F-902 for the AN fitting for the fuel vent line. If someone could post a photo it could make my life easier.

This is a common area of confusion, and I keep seeming to remember that there was a pilot hole already drilled at the right spot. Do you have one?

Jorge-
I can't remember whether or not there was a pilot hole or whether I had to mark from dimensions on the plans, but I'll go home tonight and take a look and get some measurements if you still need them.

Just remembered, Jorge...

The vent line goes through that bulkhead using one of the rivet holes for the gear web stiffener plate where it meets the 902. If I remember correctly it goes through in the second (from the top) of the four rivet holes. Those rivet holes should be pre-punched. The plans show this intersection, but it doesn't clearly show which hole the vent should use. A follow up question with Van's confirmed that either of the top two rivet holes would be OK. After installation, I'd recommend the second from the top as it makes for easier routing of the vent tube.

Does this address your question?

I've got a quickbuild and these holes are already riveted. Steve if you could check for me on what you did before I start drilling rivets out. Thanks.

photo of vent line

Here is the picture you are looking for:

IMG_3065.jpg

Ted
-------------------------
T.C. Chang
http://3limafoxtrot.com/
[email protected]
RV-9A, Lycoming (ECI) O320-D2A, 160 hp, Carb, Dual Mag, Sensenich FP GRT dual DU H1, TT DigiFlight II VSGV, 130 Hobbs 3/25/2007

Last edited:
F-902 Vent Line bulkhead QB9A

Very timelsy and helpful. Plans remiss in showing this and QB has rivets in place. F-996A placement also problematic since no holes in skin for alignment.:eek:

Back