What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vegas Zip Tips Wiring Questions

RockyMtnRV

I'm New Here
Looking at picking up Vegas Zip Tips and trying to make sense of the diagram. They have listed AlphaWire 5855 and 5857. I will be only using Tefzel on my project but have not been able to get a straight answer yet on shielded vs non shielded wires. Should I run wires individually or could I use two AWG 18 3 conductors, 1 AWG 22 4 conductor, a single sync tip to tip + tail. Should the strobe wire be shielded only to prevent noise (I did this on the tail position light). Reached out to Stein and they have been told multiple ways regarding the Vegas lights and am now awaiting a response from Damien.

Any info appreciated

Attachments

• Vegas Tips Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Vegas Tips Wiring Diagram.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 13
Looking at picking up Vegas Zip Tips and trying to make sense of the diagram. They have listed AlphaWire 5855 and 5857. I will be only using Tefzel on my project but have not been able to get a straight answer yet on shielded vs non shielded wires. Should I run wires individually or could I use two AWG 18 3 conductors, 1 AWG 22 4 conductor, a single sync tip to tip + tail. Should the strobe wire be shielded only to prevent noise (I did this on the tail position light). Reached out to Stein and they have been told multiple ways regarding the Vegas lights and am now awaiting a response from Damien.

Any info appreciated
The 2 Alphawire products specified are stranded single conductor "hook-up" wire. I did not see anything on the diagram indicting shielding being specified. With all that said inter-connected LED lights are well known RFI producers. I will let one of the EE guys speak to using a shielded conductor to help prevent that interference. (My gut says it maybe wise to use shielded but remember to ground only one end of the shield. Note the specification of a separate bonding wire, do not use your shields for that function as it is important device current protection function). YMMV/FWIW.

Back