What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans web store order error

bertschb

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm trying to order something from the Vans web store but keep getting an error that says "Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later". Is anybody else getting this error when placing orders?

I'm trying to order something from the Vans web store but keep getting an error that says "Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later". Is anybody else getting this error when placing orders?

Seems they’re working on it. I logged in yesterday and it was someone else’s account. I tried a few different times and finally logged me into my account.

If VAF is suffering from DDOS attacks, stands to reason Vans is too. Haters gonna hate.

If VAF is suffering from DDOS attacks, stands to reason Vans is too. Haters gonna hate.

Pure conjecture. This is what gets posts deleted. If you have any proof of who might be causing this, present the evidence thru proper channels.

Brian

I got the exact message you received.

Spoke with (parts) at Vans yesterday and they are aware and working on it.

Arnie

Pure conjecture. This is what gets posts deleted. If you have any proof of who might be causing this, present the evidence thru proper channels.

VAF is suffering from DDOS attacks, that is not conjecture - it's been reported here by a member that owns the company hosting the VAF site.

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=223273

As for the VANS site being a target, you're right, that part is conjecture, but it stands to reason.

Last edited:
Yes. But you are calling it an act from haters. What haters? I don’t run this forum so I guess it’s allowed.

Bill Kervaski called them "bad actors".

I didn't call it an act from anyone.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue

Can someone from Vans please let us know when this is fixed? Thanks!

I am having the same issue trying to check out. I had issues earlier this week adding items to my cart and logging in, but that is resolved now.

Hi everyone, we are aware of the issue and working on it. It's not a DDOS attack, rather it's another issue that we're working to troubleshoot and address. Sorry for the inconvenience and I will report back here with a new post when resolved.

Problem Fixed

We've found the intermittent issue and applied a fix. Everyone should be able to check out now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

We've found the intermittent issue and applied a fix. Everyone should be able to check out now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize Greg. You and your team working on (another) Saturday to resolve issues. Thank you for your continued hard work!

Greg

Still not working.

I was able to get two screens further into the order.

Picked shipping, picked my plane # and then hit next.

"something went wrong with your order, please try again later"

This was for an in-stock part # VA-157B-1. I received the front half of the fairings last month.

Thanks
Arnie

Last edited:
OK, my order went through so the web store is working again. Thanks again Greg and team.

Greg

Still not working.

I was able to get two screens further into the order.

Picked shipping, picked my plane # and then hit next.

"something went wrong with your order, please try again later"

This was for an in-stock part # VA-157B-1. I receieved the front half of the fairings last month.

Thanks
Arnie
I got the same thing here

EDIT: I just tried again and it's working now

Thanks, everyone. Hopefully, we've got it all shaped up now. Let me know if you have any other issues. We put some updated security measures in place on the web store recently, and the system can be a little persnickety as it monitors real-time user behavior on the site. All about keeping web store customers safe -- a tad bit too safe, apparently! Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Back