What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's tire tube

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hi All,
I pulled up to my hangar and my right main went flat. Van's store says that 5.00x5 6IT tube works on the RV12. I can't tell from the store picture if it has a 90 degree valve stem or not. I have Matco wheels which use the 90 degree stem. I was unable to cross check Vans part number against other stores to confirm. Can anyone please confirm what angle valve stem is on the U 500x5 6IT?

Thank you

Yes, the U 5:00X5-6IT Tube has a 90 degree valve stem. If the previous owner provided you with the plans, or you know how to access them on Van’s store, see Section 35, page 2 and you’ll see that is the tube provided in the kit.

Yes, the U 5:00X5-6IT Tube has a 90 degree valve stem. If the previous owner provided you with the plans, or you know how to access them on Van’s store, see Section 35, page 2 and you’ll see that is the tube provided in the kit.

Bob,
Thank you very much! You are always very helpful.

.Jack,

Before you pull that tire try replacing the valve core unless there is an obvious puncture. I had a bad valve core on one tire. Auto Zone has valve cores or salvage one from a discarded tire.

Rich

.Jack,

Before you pull that tire try replacing the valve core unless there is an obvious puncture. I had a bad valve core on one tire. Auto Zone has valve cores or salvage one from a discarded tire.

Rich

Great suggestion! I was about to replace the brand new tube in my nose wheel, thinking it must have been damaged on installation, despite being very careful. I just went out and removed the cap, which has a seal, and heard a tiny puff of air!

Thanks

.Jack,

Rich

Hi Rich,
I keep a spray bottle with a soap and water solution in my hangar. I sprayed my tire and valve stem with no bubbles detected. Broke down the wheel and tire and found a very small cut in the tube. Finally replacing my tube today. I almost had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for the tube.......

Back