What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans tech support for rv6

billytime1

Well Known Member
Wow. I asked vans tech support a question and the reply I got was a picture of the page (31) and no explanation.. guess the six is a waste of their time.. not the first time I got a lame reply… both in person and now e mail.. am I all alone in this or are there others?
Billythekid

Yup

A year ago I got a great response to a query. I don't often need to contact Support, because there is a lot of great info on this site.

More recently I needed support that only Vans could provide (in relation to new parts that I purchased) and after waiting 2 weeks I followed up and received a response that was next to worthless. I suspect (speculate) that the laser crisis is consuming a bunch of support and other internal resources and they don't have time for other customers.

Here if you need me

William, I built a six and if you’d like to reach out, I’d be happy to try to answer your question.

v/r,dr

Wow. I asked vans tech support a question and the reply I got was a picture of the page (31) and no explanation.. guess the six is a waste of their time.. not the first time I got a lame reply… both in person and now e mail.. am I all alone in this or are there others?
Billythekid

RV6 co-builder/owner here. Built over 20 years ago.

Reached out to Van's recently and got assistance from THREE different sets of people.

The RV6 is (was?) the most popular kit-built plane ever as I recall. And while it has been replaced by the RV7 and there are many new models that they have to support, they still provide (some??) parts for and answer questions for a 35 year old model.

If the question was a technical question regarding construction, THIS is a place where you can get a LOT of feedback, quickly. One of the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE people in the world about RV6 construction is on this forum.

So, NO, the RV6 is not a waste of their time and
You are in good company with an RV6.

RV6

2700 RV6's completed. A few still being built. I am not an RV builder or pilot. To me a airplane has to "look right". The 6 wins that contest easily, a fastback 4 a close second, the rest in a different league.

Methinks that the folks who were from the RV 6 era are getting kinda thin at the mothership.

As was already suggested, post the question here, and you should get a response.

A PM to Scott McDaniels ( https://vansairforce.net/community/member.php?u=1835 ) might help also............

Actually, William has reached out to me off-line more than once and I have done what I could to help, but I guess some people just need to vent regardless the outcome of their issue.....:rolleyes:

When I finally decided to rebuild the RV-6 rudder that has been flying with tiny cracks for 23 years I reached out to the factory for details about availability/ordering the parts I needed. I received superb support in the way of responses to my emails with info and prompt shipment of the needed RV-6 rudder parts which are common with the RV-4, an even older model.

Junk yard dog

Mc daniels… thank you .. I will get my wings level..
delta Romeo .. thank you too.. I will reach out..

Back