What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Site

rulmen

Anyone know why Vans site makes no mention of RV-6's anymore? Are they signaling that they are moving away from supporting the model?

The empannage kit hasn't been available for quite some time. I'm sure they'll make parts for already ordered kits, but they aren't selling new ones.

RV-6 Vans Site

But they have virtually removed all references to the -6. Looks like I better get done before parts are no longer available.

You can make any RV3, 4, or 6 part you need. The plans cover all of the details to fabricate them. So, if Van's ever quits producing parts (by the way, you can still get RV6 empennage parts, they just don't "offer" the kit directly), you can make them yourself or any competant sheet metal shop could fab them up for you.

You can navigate to RV-6/6A page from Vans home page..

From the home page click the News and Events tab. Under that tab is the Archives tab. Select that and you will see the RV6/6A link.

When I built my -6a they had already switched it over to the 7 tail which is why you see some of the later 6's with the "tall" tail.

Back