What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Lazer Cut QB Wing Kit Offer

rdt7

Patron
Did anyone else get this notice from Vans? I received it Friday night at 10 PM ET. I could use my QB wings earlier and am considering taking the offer. Should I? Would you?

We’re reaching out to provide an update on the estimated crating date of your Quick Build (QB) wing kit and present you with an opportunity to potentially receive an alternative kit sooner, and at a substantial discount.

Please visit the Kit Status website to view the status of your Quick Build order, including our current estimate of when your kit will be ready for shipment or pick-up.

As a potential alternative to receiving your QB kit as scheduled, we wanted to let you know that we have a limited supply of retrofit QB kits that will begin shipping the week of August 26th and continue shipping throughout the next 8 weeks. There will be a 22% discount on these kits, providing significant savings. These retrofit QB kits are our QB kits which were found to contain laser-cut parts. After a thorough inspection, we installed updated engineering fixes in accordance with our published service information for these kits (which you can review here). Note that each retrofit QB wing kit comes with new, laser-cut part free flaps and ailerons.

Switching to a retrofit QB kit may not necessarily accelerate your build, depending on the expected delivery of your order as shown on the Kit Status website. However, if your current timeline aligns with our availability and you’d like to take advantage of the discount, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible. Supply of the retrofit kits is limited, and orders will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. We are offering these kits first to all customers with an open Quick Build kit order.

I could use my QB wings earlier and am considering taking the offer. Should I? Would you?
If I had ordered QB wings and needed them sooner, I would take the offer. If I trusted Vans to do the QB assembly initially when I ordered the kit, I'd trust them to do the LCP retrofit properly. You can use the 22% savings on more tools :)

We had the same offer for the QB fuses and I said yes please immediately. Not only do I get it earlier, but the factory remediated them, and I get a discount. How stupid would Vans have to be to sell something that wasn't up to standard? Especially after a bankruptcy. Almost laughable. I've owned a number of certified aircraft, including a new Cirrus and all of them had "remediations" at one point or another.

Back