What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans FueL Press. Trans. in Andair Gascolator

Junglepilot

Well Known Member
Installing the Facet pump and lines and pulled out the Andair Gascolator to build the bracket. It has a tapped hole in the top it says can be used for primer line or fuel pressure sender.

I screwed in a Vans sender and yes it fits nicely. Would simplify things. Anyone done this?

I could be off (often am), but I think you want your FP sensor downstream from the engine pump. Between engine pump and carb or fuel servo, if injected.

What I thought

That's my thinking. But that's what the Andair booklet suggested as an alternate use for that tapped hole (instead of a primer line). But it was a late night and I was crossed from the fumes from my K-1 heater.

The fuel pressure should really be measured after the mech fuel pump - otherwise there will be no indication without the boost pump on. The hole on top of the Andair gascolator can either be bunged up or can be used as a tapping for the primer - I use an electric solenoid wired in series with the electric fuel pump so priming button (ie button to operate solenoid) will only work when the elec pump is on.

Pete

Back