What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans FPS and Infinity

shiney

Well Known Member
If anyone has wired the infinity grip switch to the VANS FPS along with panel switch could you please get in touch, having a few problems! :confused:

Hi Martin,

Although there are some folks in the UK with flap controls on the stick, did you see the recent poster on the RVSqn saying that the LAA disapproved of his intention to implement exactly this setup?

I suggest you check this out before investing lots of time, and effort.

Best Wishes,
Steve

I have the Vans flap positioning system wired into my Infinity grips. I did not put a switch on the panel. However, I did wire in an airspeed speed switch that disables the flaps when the speed is above Vans recommended flap extension speed.

speed limiting switch

Jason,

Could you give us some details on how you did that please? Waht sort of switch how is it wired etc. Might be the answer to a problem!

Thanks

Chris

I bought an airspeed switch that connects to your pitot and static lines. It came pre-adjusted for 100 knots. The trigger speed can be adjusted if you desire. TCW (maker of safety trim) is the supplier I used. I felt this a necessary safety feature since I had the flaps on my stick.

Jason

INFINITY GRIPS AND VANS CONTROLLER

MARTIN I SENT YOU A PM AND I WILL TRY TO E MAIL YOU THE DRAWING.

Back