What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Facebook RV-12 Skyview update

Wow those Melons are really big!

Yes I must admit those screens are really big. But the date of availability sounds kind of like 3 to 6 months from now!:eek:

Separate nav/strobe confirmed

Sounds like the nav and strobe switches are now available--looks like we'll have to string another wire from the wingtip in to accommodate, methinks, since things the two are shorted together at the lights presently????

The early release pictures had the new switch and I wired accordingly. Hopefully they fix the current "wing root connector" while they are at it.

Must be a lot of money to be made here because there is just no sensible reason (admittedly so far) to change the existing set-up. No weather info and two BIG reasons to bury your head in the cockpit of the world's best view. Granted, Dynon could abandon 180 support or get bought out by someone who would. Maybe they will offer a price that is too difficult to refuse!

I would hope there will be a one screen or two screen option similar to the way it is now. Two screens is just a bit much in my opinion, but I really like the options associated with the Skyview. The integrated systems are really nice and has some future expansion capibility. Stay tuned....

Back