What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's EA OIL COOLER II

mhcflyer

Well Known Member
I'm trying to determine the manufacturer of the Van's EA OIL COOLER II listed on their website for an application other then a Lycoming.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin...01-106-69&browse=engines&product=sw-oilcooler

EA OIL COOLER II
Traditional Harrison/Stewart Warner style oil cooler. PMA'd. Seven tube style suitable for either O-320, O-360 and IO-360
Size 8 1/4" x 4 1/2" x 3 5/8". Weight 1.94 lbs. 3/8" NPT ports
Price: $185

The oil cooler currently being recommended for my application is the Aero Classics #8000075 Size 8.14" wide x 4.52" high x 3.62" deep with 7 plates. Weight: 1.74 lbs.

They seem to be the same based on descriptions, but I'd like to know for sure. Can anyone help?

--
Michael Crowder

I just looked at the one I got in my Van's FWF kit about 4 years ago. It is an Aero Classic 8000075.

Roberta

Last edited:
Roberta,

I sent an email to Van's last night to verify that the oil cooler is still manufactured by Aero Classics. As soon as I hear back from them I'll let everyone know what I find. If it is an Aero Classics 8000075, it is the best price around!

--
Michael

robertahegy said:
I just looked at the one I got in my Van's FWF kit about 4 years ago. It is an Aero Classic 8000075.

Back