What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Dynon RV12 Software Update - Anyone download? Any problems?

cactusman

Well Known Member
Patron
I have tried to download the Apr '24 Vans Dynon download but when i unzip it i only see a single very small file. Doesn't seem right. My PC skills are limited at best....but i seem to recall when i did this in the past i got a folder with several large files. Reading through the .pdf it appears we download directly stuff from Dynon now but i thought there would be more files when i unzipped the downloaded zip file?

I haven't updated yet to the 16.7, still running 16.6.0, cause I hear Dynon is testing a new update.
I know when you download from Van's, you get a zip file that needs to be extracted. You should have a button at the top that says "extract all", click-it, it then ask where to extract, select or create a new folder. It will then extract to that folder (1) file "12_Rotax_912ULS_SkyView_Settings_07-14-23.dfg". This file updates the settings and presets files, not the main Dynon HDX software.
To me, it looks like Van's has the file labeled wrong with an old date "07-14-23".
NOTE: The file you need is from Dynon - "SkyView-16.7.0.11423-dynon_update_HDX1100_hwv4.dup" to update the main software on 10" HDX .

Back