What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Crotch strap mount kit for 6A

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Been searching through the old Forum posts looking for info on a crotch strap mounts kit Van offers for my Hooker harnesses I got through a group buy here years ago.:D Lots of talk about the mounts but no one mentions a part number and I'll be darned if I can find it on Van's site. :mad: I can give Van a call tomorrow but wondered if anybody had it on the tip of there tongue so I could order it on-line NOW.:D Come on, you know whats its like when your working on your plane in the middle of the night and you realize you need something that has to come from the other side of the country.:eek:

Use the one for the RV7A

The part you can't find doesn't exist.

Use the crotch strap kit for the rv7a. I just did this on my rv6a a few months ago. Was pretty easy, and dimensionally close enough to rv7a to work fine. I just have the standard seat belts, but I don't think the Hooker harness would be any different.

5th pt. installation kit, RV-7/7A, RV-9/9A both seats
Part Number = CROTCH STRAP KIT
Price = $32.00

Also, saw one example here where someone made their own bracket.

Ordered!

Thanks James, just what I was looking for. ;) Hope they ship it ASAP.
Nice video of your first flight.:D Good luck & fly safe.:)

Also

For what it's worth, I ended up with my crotch strap a tad too far back. Might be problematic for any larger passengers. Works ok for me though.

It seems like the bracket needed to be pretty close to the control column. I was a bit too conservative with getting close to the lightening hole.

Hopefully that makes more sense when you get the parts!

The weather this spring is really impacting my ability to do test flying. Wettest march in history! It's like a cruel joke or something. Very frustrating.

For what it's worth, I ended up with my crotch strap a tad too far back. Might be problematic for any larger passengers. Works ok for me though...

OK... I'm going to show incredible restraint by not making a comment here ;).

Appriciate any help here

It seems like the bracket needed to be pretty close to the control column.

Thanks for the heads up James. :) I'll take all the advice I can. :confused:
Hang in there on the weather. A long hot summer is just around the corner. ;)

Back