What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Value of O360-C2D

d.b.cooper

I'm New Here
Anybody out know what the value of an O360-C2D?

Here are the details

278 hrs since new
Removed from a Hughes helicopter in Venezuela in 1973 after a tail rotor strike destroyed the helicopter. The engine made its way to the US and was installed in a Mustang II. In 1976 it was removed with 276 hrs and installed in another Mustang II project that has not yet been completed. Engine has not run since and the project has been in a heated garage since then. Log books are available from the time it came to the US along with what appears to be an affidavit from Venezuela attesting to the total time.

Engine has a conical mount and it appears to have a solid crankshaft. The mount for the prop governor is not machined either.

Also does anyone have any idea on the value of the engine and project? Project is about 75% complete with most of the the airframe structure complete.

I'm about halfway through an RV-4 and am thinking about the engine for it.

Thanks

I'd be careful..

.......DB,
and pull a cylinder to check for rust and also do a very close inspection of the cam while you're at it. If it's rusty after sitting for 31 years, it'll more than likely need a teardown. That's a long time to be sitting.

Regards,

Back