What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF Weather?

gnuse

Well Known Member
I sure miss being able to access the VAF Weather link. This is my vote to maintain that link in this new forum. Thanks to all that are driving us into the present and future with the new format. In time, I am sure we will adapt and adopt the new forum. :cool:

I sure miss being able to access the VAF Weather link. This is my vote to maintain that link in this new forum. Thanks to all that are driving us into the present and future with the new format. In time, I am sure we will adapt and adopt the new forum. :cool:

Hi George,
Lots of trimming was done in order to stay afloat. The WX page was one of many trimmed. As an alternative, https://aviationweather.gov/ has a pretty impressive Aviation page. v/r,dr

Last edited:
I’ve been a WeatherMeister user for close to twenty years, bit more and more I am finding that I open up Foreflight to get both quick and detailed western info and forecasts. Still use WM - don’t get me wrong - but the Foreflight weather is amazingly useful!

Bottom line is that trying to out-do some of the dedicated Wx products probably isn’t with the effort for Doug….

I’ve been a WeatherMeister user for close to twenty years, bit more and more I am finding that I open up Foreflight to get both quick and detailed western info and forecasts. Still use WM - don’t get me wrong - but the Foreflight weather is amazingly useful!

Bottom line is that trying to out-do some of the dedicated Wx products probably isn’t with the effort for Doug….

Yes about FF WX. https://plan.foreflight.com/weather/imagery I use it all the time! It's crazy the amount of WX info you have at your fingertips these days.

I agree with the replies above. I use FF, but for me, it was just a quick, visual summary.

I was an early adopter of Weathermeister also. I loved it but moved away some years ago. I didn’t realize it was still running.

Sounds like me. Have been using the same Wx sources for two decades and need to learn some of the newer options. I may have used Foreflight for over a decade BUT seldom look there for Wx.

For the last 9-years, I have been using Wunderground info and doing a lot of my own Wx forecasting. I feel like I make better forecasts than the people doing it on TV.

Still use and like weathermeister a lot.
Also nice to support a guy whose web site was a huge influence on me starting an RV. If only I could build as efficiently...

Weathermeister is indeed a great site. I appreciate that, unlike so much "Modern" design you encounter these days, it shows you a lot of information in a compact format without a lot of extra nonsense and minimal scrolling.

I use ForeFlight too but it's a lot more work than Weathermeister.

I helped trivially on the early development of weathermeister. I still use it very day. It was way ahead of its time. 20 years later, its still an amazing tool.

Back