What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF donation matching

rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all.

I'm about to pay my yearly dues/donation to VAF, and my company has a donation matching program which I'd like to use if possible (meaning VAF gets twice of whatever I donate).

They do have some criteria for an organization to be eligible for the matching:

"Any U.S. nonprofit organization recognized as a tax-exempt public charity under Sections 501(c)(3) of the IRS code is eligible for a matching gift.

(...)

Please note that all organizations must comply to the following anti-discrimination and anti-bribery clause in order to receive a matching gift:

* My organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.

* My organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.

* This grant will be designated for service programs open to all persons regardless of religion and will not be used for religious instruction.

* I certify that: (i) my organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; (ii) this donation will not negatively impact <redacted>'s current or future ability to do business with my organization; and (iii) this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.
"

So my question is - would VAF qualify? (I assume the second part will be fine, it's the IRS code classification that I have no idea about)

Thanks!
Rodrigo

[ed. Thank you for the kind thought, Rodrigo! However, VansAirForce.net is a for-profit business, so it doesn’t qualify. Thank you for thinking about me, though!!!

Kindest and best,
Doug (and family)….and Moondog. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back