What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum Regulator question

pczar3

Well Known Member
Patron
Okay, I don't want to start any vacuum vs. electric wars! Retirement is not too far off so I want to get this bird in the air. I am working on the last details behind the instrument panel and was wondering if anyone had a good idea on where to locate the vacuum regulator on the firewall of a 6/6A? No the garbage can is not an acceptable answer!! I have searched and looked at all the firewall forward pictures I can find but haven't seen a good picture of the regulator. I am worried about any interference from the oil cooler etc. Thanks for any pictures or measurements you can share.

Paul

16-years ago when I was at your stage, I installed mine on the RIGHT HAND SIDE (from the pilots seat) in the cockpit on the firewall as far left and high as I could. Only issue that I have with the location that I used is that it is a little more difficult to change the foam filter than I would like.

Yes it is behind the oil cooler and maybe just a tad to the right of it but there is lots of room on the firewall side.

After you mount your old cooler, mock your hose runs up with garden hose and more it around to optimize it for your installation.

Vacuum regulator

Before I removed mine, it was just about straight in front of the Attitude Indicator position.

good suggestions

Thanks Vern and Gary. Does anyone have any FWF pictures?

Paul

If you cut the two access openings in the front skin, put it so you can maintain through one of those openings. Suggest a doubler for the firewall penetration.

Dan

Back