What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum pump pad

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
I'm planning all-electric systems, no vacuum instruments. Brand new Lycoming IO-360. Any issues with just leaving the vacuum pump gear and housing as is, with the cover installed?

I'd rather NOT mess with it if I don't have to. Is there any downside to just leaving it alone (other than weight, of course; I'll take that weight penalty).

TIA!

Steve

Naw, you're good. Might want to consider B&Cs 8+amp alternator for the pad as a backup since you are all electric though.

Erich

No issues and very commonly done.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Can you leave the vac gear out?

At the other end of the spectrum... my IO-540 is apart. Any reason I cannot just omit the vacuum pump gear from the assembly and close the hole with the housing and cap?

Very commonly done, as well. It won't hurt a thang!
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Back