What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VA-153PC to PCU5000 Prop Gov help

shiney

Well Known Member
Any pics of builders fitting the VA-153 to PCU5000x would be appreciated. This bracket it poor fitting, I have two and they're both the same! I'm not happy with the position of the bracket as per the plans so would like to see how others have installed before locking it down.

I recently installed it... no photos, but there wasn't that much to it. I did read a lot of concerns here on the forum, but when it came time to do it, it got done. One of the 3 holes needed to be elongated ever so slightly.. and I shimmed it with some washers underneath so it clears that little "hump" on the perimeter.. Use -10 bolt instead of -11 and that was it.. works just fine..

What are you not happy about?

Govenor install

Thanks Radomir,

I'm not happy about the holes for one, it's a really poor fitting piece of kit. Also, I'm not 100% certain about the final position, is your bracket in the vertical position ? after playing around with various positions, it would appear that this is the best option.

:)

No, it's not vertical... it "points" towards the hole in the firewall where the cable exits the cockpit. The angle/orientation is actually pretty good and the hole in the firewall is positioned well so the cable clears everything that'd be in the way. That's a long way to say -- stick with the plans and it'll work well.

Back