What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using a 496 with weather and a gizmo

houndsfour

Well Known Member
I have asked this question in a different thread but never received and feed back.
I question and problem is, is anyone using a 496 with weather and the Gizmo panel mount ( dock)?
I have the panel dock mounted and have been using a 196 and just fell in love with the Gizmo mount. Now I've up graded to a 496 with weather. problem:
the 496 with the weather antenna, by XM Radio, will not fit into the Gizmo becuase the USB plug is a 90 degree plug and will not allow the 496 to snap into the dock. I ordered an extention from XM only to receive the same 90 degree plug thats on the antenna. Is anyone else having this problem?
Open to any suggestions.
Rich
N721ET RV-6

I had to enlarge the holes in the gizmo a little to allow easy removal of the GPS. It now works like a charm. Larry

LARCO said:
I had to enlarge the holes in the gizmo a little to allow easy removal of the GPS. It now works like a charm. Larry
Same hear and I had to drill a hole for the stereo output. The new AirGizmo's come with these holes already in place.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Are you talking abou the hole were the antenas and power cord enter the deck?
Rich

Great, why I didn't see those pictures on the Gizmo 496 site I don't know.
But thanks to all who have helped me.
Ya just gota love having weather " in hand" so to speak. And with the panel dock it's just perfect.
Rich.
N721ET
RV-6

Back