What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Used Trutrak install

tcone1

Well Known Member
Hello,

I'm looking for servo brackets for an RV-8 for the used Trutrak I just picked up.

Spruce doesn't show brackets broken out...called and got no help.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,
Tim

Hello,

I'm looking for servo brackets for an RV-8 for the used Trutrak I just picked up.

Spruce doesn't show brackets broken out...called and got no help.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,
Tim

Call Bendix/King, they own Trutrak. You may also be able to get parts from Mid-Continent.

I seem to recall that Trutrak and Dynon mounting brackets are compatible, but I don't have any first hand knowledge.

I have one of the kits, not sure which one right now. I’ll be home next week and let you know.
Gary

Order the brackets from dynon. Dynon and trutrak uses the same brackets. I reused all my stuff when I changed out my ap74 dynon for a vizion 385.

Tim,

Another data point. I had a Vizion 385 with the Tru Trak brackets. I recently put in the Garmin AP and the Garmin Servos bolted into the Tru Trak brackets with barely an issue. On the roll servo mount I had to create a little bigger radius around the output shaft area of the bracket to clear a raised boss on the Garmin servo output shaft. In conclusion I suspect that the Garmin servo brackets would work as well.

Bill

Back