What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Upper gear leg fairings RV-6A

vhbill

I'm New Here
Dear all, I would be most grateful for details/suggestions on how to join the two sides at the rear of the upper gear leg fairing of your RV-6A. Thanks Bill

.....how to join the two sides at the rear of the upper gear leg fairing of your RV-6A. Thanks Bill
The one piece Fairings-Etc. upper intersection fairings for both the main and nose gear are split so the fairings can be inserted or removed from around the gear leg fairing. Fairings-Etc. technique is to bond a small rectangular fiberglass tab on the inside of one split line. When the fairing is closed, the tab overlaps the other side. All that is apparent from the outside of the intersection fairing is a small countersunk self-tapping #4 sheet metal screw fastening the two sides of the fairing together though a small hole centered on the tab.

Thanks for your help Rick. Others suggested a 3/32" rivet that can be easily drilled out. I like your solution. Bill

Back