What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Updates on Van's Website

jte65

Well Known Member
There has been a revamp of the RV-12 section of the Van's website. It includes an October update with pictures of both an unpacked and packed fuselage kit with crate dimensions (96" X 39" X 12") and weighing 238 pounds. Still indicates empennage slated for first shipping in late November.

Regarding the fuselage kit- I found out they initially only had enough parts to complete 48 kits and yet took nearly 60 orders the first day orders were accepted. Hence, a number of builders who have finished/nearly finished wing kits may be waiting a bit longer than expected unless they got their order in the first day. I placed my fuselage order August 4th and was told late November or early December (and I have wing kit 41).

Thanks to Van's for an update on the website though- it came pretty quickly after the September update!!

Anybody else notice that the wiring harness and fuel tank components are now listed in the Finish kit and no longer part of the fuselage kit? Jim Cone, if you are reading this, could you comment on this? You have the fuselage kit already, so you should be able to tell the rest of us for sure, one way or the other. Steve

Fuse kit

I got my fuse kit yesterday. The fuel tank and the wiring harness are not in it. But it does include all the fuel system including fuel pump and gascolator and fuel flow sender. The instrument panel and mounting rack and insulators for the harness are there.

I start inventory today. Looks like lot of parts.

Rich

Rich- I hope you won't mind a few more questions and then I'll leave you alone to do your inventory. A.) Are the main gear legs included? B.) Are the instrument panel cutouts precut? C.) Are the rudder pedals and control sticks w/ linkages included? Thanks- Steve

Parts

The instrument panel is in three parts with the holes pre-cut. EFIS and fuses and switches on the left side, GPS and radios in the center and Map case on the right. Map case kit is also there.

The gear legs are not in this kit.

The control stick mixer and the flaperon mixer and the rudder pedals including the brake master cylinders and lines are in the kit.

The inventory went very smoothly. There are LOTS of parts. Should be very interesting and more opportunities for learning new skills.

Rich

Fuselage kit parts

Rich- I hope you won't mind a few more questions and then I'll leave you alone to do your inventory. A.) Are the main gear legs included? B.) Are the instrument panel cutouts precut? C.) Are the rudder pedals and control sticks w/ linkages included? Thanks- Steve

The gear legs are not included. The panel is all cut out for everything including the map box. The rudder pedals and linkages are in the kit, but no control sticks.

Back