What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Under-wing gun mounts

scsmith

Well Known Member
These under-wing cannon pods on a Stuka reminded me of Dan Horton's propane gun.

stuka.jpg

I've been told I need one for the other side. And if bigger is better, the Stuka wins.

COIN%20Fighter.jpg

I've been told I need one for the other side. And if bigger is better, the Stuka wins.

COIN%20Fighter.jpg

Agree on both counts. The pod is about right, but you need a gun barrel they can see from half a mile away.

Wouldn't it be cool to try to re-create the gun-port whistle of a Mustang?

Actually, IMHO, all you need is a sound effect module in you Comm that will produce 50 cal. sound when you pull the trigger on that military style stick grip. Assuming of course, you set "Master Arm" to On and selected "Gun" on the armaments panel. That way, when you roll in on the Cherokee on downwind and pull the trigger, he'll know you're coming.

PS. A Phaser or Light Sabre or Photon Torpedo or 30 mil or mini-gun sound would probably have the same effect. YMMV.

Personally, I think an old, clanky, gattling gun sound effect will probably have the best effect. Flashing lights on the wing leading edge get you extra credit.

Back