What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Uncomfortable Crotch Strap

Dbro172

Well Known Member
Recently adjusted my 5 point to size in preparation for completion and I have to say that using the crotch strap is noticeably less comfortable than not. I'm thinking of removing it.... Non-acro -9A. Am I doing something wrong. Maybe my "belly" is too big:D

21z9jn.jpg

Recently adjusted my 5 point to size in preparation for completion and I have to say that using the crotch strap is noticeably less comfortable than not. I'm thinking of removing it.... Non-acro -9A. Am I doing something wrong. Maybe my "belly" is too big:D

21z9jn.jpg

I suggest moving the strap forward to the relief in the cushion. It might be more comfortable there. remember that it's job is to hold the lap belt in position so it will not allow you to slide under the lap belt if the shoulder belt is to tight if you were to have collision with something on the ground???? Just my opinion for sure. Larry

I concur with moving the strap forward. The strap in my RV-6 exits the floor pan adjacent to the control stick opening. No discomfort with using the strap with that arrangement.

I know that my entire harness feels much more secure with the strap. Adjust as necessary as the others have posted. You're going to love those Crows!

Crotch strap attaches to crotch strap bracket which us installed between the seat ribs under the seat floor pans. Here is a link to a photo on my build log.
http://mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=dbro172&project=2102&category=8097&log=159971&row=45

Looks like the crotch strap anchor is in the correct place. That's where mine is located. Not too far aft. You should be able to route the belt more forward. Like LARCO stated, use the relief cutout portion of the cushion. I did.

Back