What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ultraleather interior

buzzbox

I'm New Here
Gday all,

Im in the process of deciding what interior to order from Classic Aero. Im curious as to whether the Ultraleather seats would crack like normal leather does with age and sun exposure?

With the RV living in the land downunder it will get plenty of sun :cool:

Thanks!

JUst my thoughts

I have a Bonanza with Leather seats and I think they are great. But the Bonanza doesn't have a bubble canopy. I live in Florida and decided that getting cloth seats would somewhat reduce the "ouch" factor if it sits in the sun for any length of time.

As for ultraleather, check with the manufacturer on UV exposure and durability. See if there is a suitable protective treatment that will block UV.

I have the Ultra Leather and like it a lot. I have the cloth inserts and I don't sweat like I do in my friend's all leather CA interior. The Ultra looks, feels and even smells like leather and the CA people will tell you it will last longer with less care than leather. Don

Thanks for the replies. Im leaning towards Ultraleather with cloth inserts. Hadnt actually thought of that as an option, but seems so obvious now!

Cheers

Lucus at Classic Areo says the leather wears much better than the cloth- he also says it cleans easier. The airlines like leather because it cleans better, wears better, and looks better over time.

But with the cloth inserts your butt and back don't sweat. My cloth inserts are staying clean after over 150hrs. Don

But with the cloth inserts your butt and back don't sweat. My cloth inserts are staying clean after over 150hrs. Don

I confess, we do have colored coordinated hand towels on our Classic Aero "leather" seats, to step on.................but our backs don't seem to sweat either. :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A

The Best is...

Sheep skin...is what you need...

Probably about the same price as leather but they are cool in the summer and warm in the winter..and very dureable

That's what we have in the triple 7 and I used them a lot on flight to Asia( Hong Kong for 16.5 hrs ) and they make a huge difference..IMHO

Bruno

Back