What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UL260i aero engine

Fly with Gus

I'm New Here
Hi all,

I have been getting a few calls asking if, or when, a ULPower UL260i FWF package would be available for the RV-12.
www. ulpower.com

The UL260i is now rated at 97hp and the 260iS is at 107hp.

I'd like to offer a very good deal to anyone that would like to work with me in getting a FWF going for the 12. For example I would build your forward fuselage, and develop a FWF and install and test it for the cost of materials and engine. Or maybe a better solution, I am open to ideas. I would like to complete this by spring and have it tested by Sun n Fun.

I am located in Edgewater FL, midway between Daytona Beach and Cape Canaveral. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Gus Warren
www.flywithgus.net
North American distributors for ULPower Engines.

For those unfamiliar with the ULPower engines here is a description.

Four Cylinder, air cooled, direct drive, electronic multi port fuel injection, electronic ignition, FADEC, very light weight (yes, a little less than the 912s).

Built in Belgium and designed as a 912 replacement. Been flying 6 years, over 50 examples flying, 120+ sold.

UL260i, 97hp, 1500 hour TBO, runs on premium auto fuel up to 15% ethanol, less $ than 912 FWF.

107hp high compression version available, UL260iS.

Link to engine website...

UL260i

banner-ul260i.gif

nice as the UL260 is...

... like the Jabiru's the required power comes at a very high engine/prop speed

'tis a shame the perfect non-Rotax LSA engine has yet to be built - everything yet is too small or too heavy.

Back