What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ugly wiring????

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
wrapping up the panel wiring and finishing the harness to the intercom (PS3000), I have reached the point where I now have to connect the shields from pilot/copilot phones and mic, aux phone and mic, music input as well as all the signal low (grounds) for all the inputs. All of these are supposed to be connected to pin 1 and then the FWG. I have followed Bob Nucholls approach with the shield pigtail wires soldered together outside the DB25 connector shell but it looks pretty ugly. Am I missing a trick here or am I just being to anal?
I know it will be hidden but I will know it is there:(
Just checking before I finalize.

I attached a wire to each shield and left enough wire to make a good service loop aft of the plug. I combined the shileds to one wire that went to the connector. The loop aft of the connector I covered with heat shrink around the wire from the shields and the main wire bundle. Makes for a neat and secure way to keep you shields together and with security and strain relief.

Even though I'm a certifed solder guy, I used heat shrink/adhesive/crimp/solder couplings to combine the shields into one ground wire. These connectors are great albeit a bit expensive. I used about 10 total on the build.

http://www.mcmaster.com/ goto catalog page 737

Back