What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

U.S. Tool Hand Squeezer TP888

JDAviator

This is more a report about U.S. Tool and their customer service. I'll describe my experience and you can judge from there.

I acquired some tools, including this brand new squeezer, from a friend who closed up shop. The first time I used this tool the clevis broke internally. I figured I did something to booger it up when I was adjusting the squeezing depth. I call to order the part, and am told a replacement will be $25. Wow, kinda expensive, I think. Then I'm told this is an old style part, and I probably did nothing wrong. Seems they know there is a design problem, but that they also have a "whole bunch" of new, but "old style" clevises in stock and need to purge their inventory of those before they sell the new ones. When my NEXT one breaks (and it will), they'll gladly replace it for free. Maybe with the new style.

What?!?? You're kidding, right? Gee, thanks :/

Well, I'm hostage for this clevis, so (grumble, grumble) I pay $25 for said clevis and U.S. Tools sends it to me. Padded envelope, less than 1lb.

Then I'm charged $10.99 for "freight charges". I call. Nice lady on the other end of the phone tells me I didn't place the "minimum order" of $50.00, so these charges indeed do apply.

$36 dollars to put a tool back into service that was manufactured to break. Hmphf.

Can't think of anything that U.S. Tools sells that I can't get elsewhere. Good thing, because in the future they won't be getting any of my money.

Back