What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

U-620B Brace?

Lionclaw

Well Known Member
U-620B is part of the brace assembly that fits near the cowl exit.

But, I can't find it in my dwindling pile of parts, and I was hoping someone could help. Does it come pre-bent, or am I looking for a flat piece of aluminum? 032, 040, 062 thickness?

Thanks!

Seems like I remember this part being pre-bent, maybe .040 or .063 thickness. I can check when I get to the airport later today. Then you will need to bend the upper portion to fit flat against the lower gusset on the engine/nose gear mount (not sure if this bend was pre-bent). I recommend not drilling the two holes in that bent part per drawings 3/4" apart. (see DWG 45, EXIT AIR ATTACH BRACKETS). This is a custom fit, so you will need to drill in place, taking into account the positions of those two bolts with regards to the nose gear mount to assure you are able to get a wrench up in there to work with them and have proper edge distances on the gusset and this piece - tight area to work in for sure, but it can be done. Hope this will help. It's hard to describe in words.

Back