What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Typical weights please

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
I am busy preparing a POH as well as a technical exam paper ( for rating purposes ) on the 10 and need typical wheel weights taken when you did your initial C of G calculations.

So can someone with a flying RV-10 please let me have these weights.
Thanks.
Jan.

Thanks!
I now realize that I should have asked for the Datum to wheel distances as well :mad:

Not So. :(
I also have that document but it does not give me the typical Datum to wheel distances as you have to measure it.
BUT:- I have in the mean time downloaded a CAD drawing from Vans site (the three views) and have tried to scale it. Using that I am getting 52.06 inches for the front and 124.27 inches for the main wheels and that is good enough for now.
Thanks.

Not So. :(
I also have that document but it does not give me the typical Datum to wheel distances as you have to measure it.
BUT:- I have in the mean time downloaded a CAD drawing from Vans site (the three views) and have tried to scale it. Using that I am getting 52.06 inches for the front and 124.27 inches for the main wheels and that is good enough for now.
Thanks.

You have to use YOUR measurements on the wheel locations not Vans. Using theirs can throw off your calculations.

Weighed in September, N9900M

Left Main -- 630lbs at 124.31
Right Main -- 635lbs at 124.44
Nose Wh. --- 353lbs at 50.44

Thanks Ronsim.
TSwezey - If you look at my original question you will see that this is mainly for the technical exam when you do your conversion as well as for the POH I am starting on.
I will surely take my own measurements when we do our W & B.;)

Back