What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two problems on Page 42-11

BigJohn

Well Known Member
Heads up on two issues. Today I mounted the GPS and XM antennas on the F-1201Z Retaining Plate. The holes in the plate for the GXM 30A antenna were in the wrong place and the plate did not match the figure on Page 42-11. I drilled new holes.

I think there is another error. On Page 29-02 K1000-08 (8-32) nutplates are installed on F-1201R. On Page 42-11 Figure 2 calls for AN526C632R8 (6-32) screws to go into these nutplates.

I'll email Van's on these two minor issues.

Vans is aware of the GPS antenna issue

John:

Vans is aware of the GPS antenna issue. The antenna model changed at some point recently (you will note a difference between the model number called out in the plans and the one that is now included with the GPS) and the new version has different hole spacing and orientation. Like you, I had to drill new holes to match the spacing and different orientation. I received my avionics kit in early January and installed it shortly thereafter. I emailed Vans when I discovered the issue and they replied that they were already aware and had revised F-1201Z with a second set of holes to match the new antenna.

Cannot remember what I did on the other issue. I think I just used 8-32 screws because I think the holes in F-1201Z were already sized for #8 screws as well.

Back