What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two more questions

Darren S

Well Known Member
Hi group,

Still researching. Just finalizing a deal...... hopefully :)

1. When flying with the newer -6 tail with the balanced control, does the plane exhibit the same "dog wagging" that the older -6 tail does or is there a noticeable improvement ?

2. Which Lycoming 160 HP Constant Speed motor will fit on a Lycoming 150 HP E3D Fixed Pitch motor mount ? ie. D1C, A1A, D1A ???

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Darren

Hi group,

1. When flying with the newer -6 tail with the balanced control, does the plane exhibit the same "dog wagging" that the older -6 tail does or is there a noticeable improvement ?

I wouldn't know..........

I never notice my "short classic tail" 6A wagging in turbulence anymore than a friends 9A with it's large balanced tail. We both get bounced around, but I'll be danged if I notice a wagging dutch roll. Personally, I do not like the looks of the large tails on a 6. As I said previously.... I wouldn't use one if it was given to me.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Same here

I was surprised at the tail wagging the first time I rode in a 7. My 6a with the small tail never did that, but I don't know if it's the tail that causes it. It's not a big deal , though.

Back