What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two axis versus three axis

dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
Can’t find a discussion, but I presume it is here. I have a general sense but would like to understand from others. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a two axis versus three axis auto pilot?

I agree with the first two sentences. But since my wife and I always sit up front, the two axis Trio suits us fine!
Concur and for me a yaw damper is not worth it whatsoever. I must have the only RV-10 that doesn't exhibit a Dutch roll as I never had anyone sitting back seat complain--and 99.9% of my rear seat pax have been my kids who'd let me know in a heartbeat if they weren't comfortable. YMMV....

Concur and for me a yaw damper is not worth it whatsoever. I must have the only RV-10 that doesn't exhibit a Dutch roll as I never had anyone sitting back seat complain--and 99.9% of my rear seat pax have been my kids who'd let me know in a heartbeat if they weren't comfortable. YMMV....
I wouldn’t call it a dutch roll; just a bit of tail wagging. I find just keeping my feet firmly on the rudder pedals can reduce it some. And, like you, I’ve never heard any complaints (nor had anyone get sick).

Since I have a side by side, I never felt I needed one.

Back