What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TV reporter goes for a ride in RV-4

WOW! Chris

What a beauty! I noticed she kept that perfect smile like a real professional through the loops and rolls, maybe not quite so natural at some points but she held up real good. Born to be wild huh? I'm impressed.

Bob Axsom

Too bad you get stuck with all the tough assignments, eh Chris...you're a good man! :D

Have a great race at TVAR 4...I see that kinda post card, and definitely wish I was there!

Cheers,
Bob

tough duty

It was alot of fun but it was only her second light airplane flight ever and I was sure she'd get sick. She sure supprised me. Did you guys see her report from the front seat of the -4 on another thread?

She says she'll come out to the TVAR 4 race if she can get off work. I am sure she'd be up for a fast trip around the race course.

CM

she was in the photo plane when they shot some video of the Corsair

Last edited:
Long take off?

Chris,

as an aside, you seemed to have taken a long time to take off. I counted something like 18 seconds.

Is that needed for a two person take off in an RV-4? Or were you just taking it easy?

good stuff. send us a copy of the news report when it comes out. also the next flight. i like it.
img0421uw.jpg

take off roll

Chris,

as an aside, you seemed to have taken a long time to take off. I counted something like 18 seconds.

Is that needed for a two person take off in an RV-4? Or were you just taking it easy?

I was taking it easy... but some of that time we were airborne and just accelerating. Fixed pitch prop for max top end too.

CM

Blackberry in hand?

Evidently capable of multitasking as well, was she doing her email in flight? Rick

She says she'll come out to the TVAR 4 race if she can get off work. I am sure she'd be up for a fast trip around the race course.

She might be a pilot but doesn't know it yet.

she's single I believe

she single?

What goes around comes around, When we climbed out of the -4 I noticed my wife had the airport hunk ( flight instructor) over in front of my Pitts with his shirt off taking pictures. And Rebecca made a beeline over there to check that action out.

Its tough to be an old guy sometimes! or Never think you got away with something over your wife.

now you know the rest of the story.

CM

Or you could be like DR. If we're to believe the text on the front page a few days back, the only thing he saw was the presence of a parachute harness.....

Somebody check that boy's pulse.

Rebecca's page

Here's a link to Rebecca's page at WAAY-TV, my favorite TV station for news, weather and sports in Huntsville.

http://tinyurl.com/3svq3so

I'm hoping they'll provide some good coverage for the event next weekend.

Gutsiest move I ever saw

I'm talking about the move where you helped her out of her seatbelt and told her how impressed you were :D

Very nice

Rebecca is now in St. Louis

Just to follow up on this thread, Rebecca S. formerly of Huntsville's WAAY31 has recently moved on in her career to Fox 2 in St. Louis, although her photo is yet to be included in their web page.

Good luck, Rebecca!

And maybe some of you RV-ers in the St. Louis area can give her another ride sometime!

P.S. her photo now shows up on that web page as "Rebecca Roberts."

Last edited:
Rebecca

I am facebook friends with Rebecca and to say the least, she is a very adventuresome young lady.... and very fit!

Chris M

Last edited:
Name change

Rebecca's new name is Rebecca Roberts, and her new FB page is

https://www.facebook.com/rrobertstv

Hope you guys in StL get to meet her, and I hope her career goes well.

P.S. Her name change was for professional reasons, according to a post on her old FB page. I don't think she got married.

Last edited:
Back